Coffee Statistics: 50% of the population, equivalent to 150 million Americans, drink espresso, cappuccino, latte, or iced/cold coffees.
– Over 50% of Americans over 18 years of age drink coffee every day. This represents over 150 million daily drinkers.
– 30 million American adults drink specialty coffee beverages daily; which include a mocha, latte, espresso, café mocha, cappuccino, frozen/iced coffee beverages
– The average price for an espresso based drink is $3.45
– The average price for brewed coffee is $2.38
– Men drink as much coffee as women; each consuming an average of 1.6 cups per day
– Women seem to be more concerned about the price than men
– Among coffee drinkers, the average consumption in the United States is 3.2 cups of coffee per day
– The average coffee cup size is 9 ounces.
– 30% of the population drinks coffee occasionally
– 65% of all coffee is consumed during breakfast hours 30% between meals, and the remaining 5% with other meals
– 35% of coffee drinkers prefer black coffee
– 65% prefer to add sugar and/or cream